An experienced Secondary IB DP Coordinator (with 50% teaching load) is needed at an established Chinese international school in Shanghai from January 2020.
About the school
This school is an international Chinese partner to a family of world renowned top British international schools already operating with a long history throughout Asia and the UK. The school was set up in in 2017 and has been operating successfully ever since with ambitious growth plans for expansion into other cities.
Based in the Minhang district of Shanghai, this international school offers an innovative international curriculum with a focus on inquiry based curricula leading to students taking the IB DP.
The school takes a holistic approach to every child’s learning and school experience, aiming to develop students character, their social skills and to enable them to fulfill their academic potential.
The Shanghai campus provides world class facilities, integrating collaborative learning spaces with areas dedicated to performing arts, sports, STEAM and innovation.
Package includes excellent salary, yearly gratuity (after completion of first year), comprehensive medical care, flights, accommodation as well as visa expenses.
Brief Overview of the Role
• Support the Deputy Head Academics in the appraisal and development of Middle/Senior School staff.
• Under the direction of the Deputy Head Academic, provide overall leadership for Pedagogy / Learning and Teaching for the IB Diploma
• Responsible for the Senior School Curriculum and its implementation (KS5).
• Responsible for all IBDP/Year 12 and 13 administration and assessment in the Senior School.
• Responsible for the Foundation IB programme in Senior School.
• As required by the IBO, the IB Coordinator provides overall leadership for Pedagogy/Teaching and Learning in the Senior School (in collaboration with the Deputy Head Academics) and specifically in KS5.
• The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) Coordinator is responsible for leading the IB Diploma Programme at Dehong Chinese International School and has responsibility for the academic and pastoral needs of the IB students. In addition, he/she is a member of the School Leadership Team, working closely with the Deputy Head Academics.
You will be an experienced educator who possesses:
• Excellent leadership skills with the capacity to drive pedagogical innovation and best practice
• Excellent interpersonal and administrative skills;
• Significant experience of teaching the IB Diploma Proramme;
• Knowledge of all relevant IB curriculum and assessment matters.
You will be able to:
• Carry general credibility with students, parents, staff and IB professionals both within and outside the DCIS community;
• Speak effectively at public meetings organised to deal with IB issues;
• Think strategically across the senior and whole school.